Below are safety tips to note at the workplace so as to safely return home to our loved ones.
- Always wear the recommended clothing for your type of work
- If you are a construction worker by the roadsides and highways, always make yourself visible by wearing reflector jackets or other visible clothing
- Avoid less ventilated areas.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking water and fruit juices, taking regular breaks when working in an environment where much heat is produced.
- Do not take any medication that can cause drowsiness before or during any machine operation
- Inform colleagues of your whereabouts at the workplace. Do check on your colleagues especially when they fail to turn up for lunch breaks
- Promptly report any exposed electrical wiring at the workplace
- Report on leakage, damp walls or floors and mouldy surfaces promptly
- Always know the emergency exits at your workplace
Remember, your loved ones need you to be back home, safely, so keep safe at the workplace.
Related post: why adults need to stay active
Last page review: 22/03/2016
Next page review: 22/03/2018